Pages

Title

Just ramblings from someone who lives on a mountain. Into blogging , fishing, watching wildlife, an what ever i find interesting on the web to write about.
My yard is my nature preserve and i work in and on it all the time to attract whatever type of wildlife that wants to visit.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Nothing new.

Nope nothing is, its still hot as heck around here.
Losing planted stuff fast now, 100+ temps are bad for everything. Not much left after this week, only 2 'mater' plants left, 1 dead an 1 dieing. Just about everything else i had planted is gone or going an nothing i can do about it. Watering has proved useless since the ground is so dry so i have stopped even trying.
Its aggravating to plant stuff watch it really start growing an then see it turn brown an fall over, Did have a few plums on my big tree, not no more from what i can see, not to sure what happened to the ones that were there, guess something decided they looked good an ate them for me.
I have been watching the yard to see what is still hanging around. Havent seen the rabbits at all lately, one squirrel is all i have seen this week. The birds are holding up where ever they can if its out of the sun an slightly cool. Dust baths have become a regular thing for some of them, esp the dove.

Have a good evening everyone.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so depressing... I can't imagine that kind of heat! I don't remember anything like that when I lived in the States.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments clean.
English only.